Welcome to local information and advice for your adult social care needs in North East Lincolnshire
Here you will find all the information to support you on your journey.
There is one number to ring for adult social care services in North East Lincolnshire (NEL) 01472 256256, services include:
- GP Out of Hours
- Mental Health Services
- Social Work Support
- Adult Social Care
- Wellbeing Advice
Focus independent adult social work deliver statutory social services, including the operational safeguarding responsibilities for adults locally.
Get the latest Coronavirus health advice from NHS information.
- 24 hour support
- The Care Act 2014
- Social care handbook
- Support with daily living
- Helping you to stay independent
- Specialist advice
- Social activities
- Work, money, legal and benefits
- Useful websites
24 hour support
Single point of access (SPA) 01472 256256, here a range of health and social care professionals can advise, support and help you.
Silverline 0800 4 70 80 90 is a free, confidential telephone helpline offering information, friendship and advice to older people, available 24 hours a day.
Adult social care self assessment find out whether or not you’re likely to be eligible for support and get recommendations about where to find help. Do you need help to be or stay independent? Use this self assessment tool to find sources of support.
What happens next? At the end of the form we will tell you if you’re likely to be eligible for support from us.
We will also give you suggestions on how you might meet your own needs. After looking at the advice information we provide you with you might decide that you can resolve your issue without asking us for an in-depth assessment.
If you decide to request an assessment you will be prompted to register and submit your form to the SPA who will then contact you direct.
The Care Act (2014)
We have created a page that explains how the law supports people who have adult social care needs. This is called the Care Act (2014) and you can find more information with an easy read guide. Click here.
Reading this may help you understand your legal rights. however there is lots of support and advice available from many agencies – see our specialist advice section below.
Social care handbook
The social care handbook is available to guide you through adult social care in NEL.
- Focus and your journey
- Your assessment
- Care providers and services (including supported living scheme; people with learning/physical disability, autism, mental health and extra care housing; housing with care for Older People)
- Finances, benefits and property
- Hospital discharges
- Reporting neglect or abuse
Support with daily living
We want to support people to live as independently and as safely as possible.
- SPA is a local service, a team of health and social care professionals can offer advice, information and access to support for you or someone that you care for. The service can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Provider portal for your Care Options which helps you decide where you live
- Support for Carers is available from North East Lincolnshire’s Carers’ Support Service and our local Carer’s portal
- Advice and support for living well with Dementia in NEL
- Access local and national information to support you with a sensory loss
- Age UK advice line 0800 055 6112 free to call 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, 365 days a year
- Discover our local assisted living extra care housing offers
- Sheltered housing is accommodation specifically designed for older people and younger disabled people to allow you to live independently
- Access local adult health care services including find your GP, Dentist and Optician and sexual health advice
- Use the TrustMark tool to find tradespeople. Search for reputable organisations and reliable tradespeople using your postcode
Helping you to stay independent
- Assisted living centre – helping people live independently in their own home. Provides information on a range of aids to daily living and adaptations and a demonstration centre. Following specialist advice, appropriate aids for daily living can be self purchased. For those who meet the criteria equipment can be loaned or adaptations fitted to meet need
- Telecare services can help you stay safe and remain more independent in your own home, Carelink offers reassurance
- Travel and public transport advice and non emergency patient transport information
- If you would like an Occupational Therapy Assessment, please contact the SPA
- Learning disability and autism information is available on the NHS website
- Age UK deliver local advice and support 01472 344976, advice line 0800 678 1602 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friendship at Home befriending and supporting older people 01472 602500 or email email@example.com
- Healthwatch North East Lincolnshire independent consumer champion for health and social care created to gather and represent the views of the public
- NAViGO provide support workers to keep you well and independent in the comfort of your own home 01472 808543
- Wellbeing service 01472 325500 if you live in North East Lincolnshire and want support with your wellbeing the team are available to help you make a change
- Age UK 01472 344976 find out about activities and events taking place locally and afternoon/day trips
- Community Spotlight a ‘one stop shop’ for communities to share events, groups, clubs and good work being done in our area
- Friendship at Home provide a range of exercise and social activities 01472 602500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lincs Inspire 01472 323615 provide a wide range of sporting, leisure, cultural and learning services to help you lead a more active and healthy life
- Simply Connect North East Lincs connecting you to your local community for healthy living, social groups, activities, advice, support and self-help
Work, money, legal and benefits
- Age UK practical support and help for families with welfare benefits
- Anglian Water’s Priority Services Register support for vulnerable people needing extra help with their Anglian Water account
- Centre 4 free local advice
- Citizens Advice North East Lincolnshire provide a free advice service. If you have little experience of dealing with finances or you’re confused about making a decision, it may be helpful to get professional financial advice
- Direct payments advice and guidance
- GOV.UK – benefits online benefits advice
- GOV.UK – The Care Act – The Care Act modernised the law to put people’s well being at the heart of the care and support system. The Care Act introduced legislation to provide protection and support to the people who need it most and to take forward elements of the government’s initial response to the Francis enquiry
- GOV.UK – Care Act 2014 fact sheets – fact sheets accompany Part 1 of the Care Act 2014: provide an overview and the duties and powers local authorities will have in the future
- Money advice service provide free and impartial money advice
- Alzheimer’s Society – care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers
- Campaign against living miserably (CALM) – provide a free, confidential and anonymous helpline as well as a webchat service, offering help, advice and information to anyone who is struggling or in crisis
- Cancer – NHS information
- Carers UK – making life better for carers
- Care4All – provides a diverse range of social care services and support
- Care Plus Group Health and Wellbeing Collaboratives – volunteers in action making a difference to the health and wellbeing of our community
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) – the independent regulator of health and social care in England
- Children, families and schools – information for North East Lincolnshire
- Children’s disability service (CDS) – the service will provide you with information about universal services and more specialist groups that can offer support, without the need for an assessment
- Eden Mobility – independent mobility retailer
- Health and wellbeing support for young people and families – support if you or your child need some help improving health and wellbeing
- Home Choice Lincs – partnership of social housing providers across North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire
- Homelessness prevention service – are able to help with making sure you remain in your home. If this option is not possible, they will help you find somewhere else to live
- Lincolnshire Housing Partnership (LHP) – housing assistance service in NEL
- Motor neurone disease (MND) – NHS information
- NAViGO – it’s OK not to be OK. Need help with your mental health in NEL?
- North East Lincolnshire Council – homes and property information
- North East Lincolnshire Mind – ensures anyone with a mental health problem in NEL has somewhere to turn for advice and support
- NHS – find information and advice on health conditions, symptoms, healthy living, medicines and how to get help
- NHS directory of services – find a GP surgery
- NHS learning disability and autism – information in easy read for people with a learning disability or on the autism spectrum
- Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) – help with any information you may need about the NHS and to deal with any concerns you may have about your care
- Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) – the PfA programme, funded by the Department for Education has produced a range of resources to support progression to adulthood. They have identified four PfA life outcomes, based on what disabled young people say is important to them as pathways to getting a life
- Portland Mobility Grimsby – sell mobility aids
- Samaritans – works to make sure there’s always someone there for anyone who needs someone
- Sector Support North East Lincolnshire Partnership – supports charities and community groups in North East Lincolnshire
- SEND Local Offer – provides and directs you to information that will support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- SSAFA Armed Forces Charity – whatever challenges people are facing, members of the Armed Forces community can contact SSAFA
- TakePartNEL – find out about local volunteering opportunities
- The Herbert Protocol – is a national scheme adopted by Humberside Police. It encourages carers, families, friends or neighbours, to hold information about the person with Dementia that can help the police find them if they do go missing
- Voluntary Action North East Lincolnshire – help Voluntary and Community Groups in North East Lincolnshire help communities help themselves
If you have any queries, complaints, or compliments around the adult social care services or pathways in NEL please let us know by emailing NELCCG.email@example.com or telephone 0300 3000 500.
Page last reviewed: March 31, 2021