Contact us – share your health and care experiences with us

What if I have an immediate concern about a vulnerable adult?

Contact the Single Point of Access on 01472 256256, where a range of health and social care professionals can advise, support and help you.

Share your health and care experiences with us

We want to hear from people who use health and care services locally.  We are committed to listening, understanding, and responding to what people tell us about their experiences.  You can read more about our commitment

Whether you are happy or unhappy with the health or adult social care service you or your loved one has, we’d like to know about it.  What you tell us will help us to decide how to make services better. 

How can I tell you about my experiences of local services?

If you are receiving or have received health or adult social care support in North East Lincolnshire, or you support someone who does, our free and confidential service is here to help.

You can contact us to give compliments, make comments, raise concerns or make a complaint, or if you just need some advice and help.  Our team aims to listen, learn, and work with you to improve your experience of health and adult social care services.

The team aims to acknowledge receipt of your contact within three working days.                                 

You can contact the Experience Team by:

Telephone: 01482 957750


Writing to: The Experience Team, North East Lincolnshire Health and Care, Municipal Offices, Town Hall, Grimsby, DN31 1HU.

Can someone else give feedback for me?

There are times when all of us need additional help or want someone else to speak up on our behalf.  Our experienced team can help.  Sometimes this will mean asking for your consent to speak to someone else about your feedback (such as a family member or friend).  It might also mean asking an Independent Advocate to support you to give your feedback.

You can contact our advocacy service by:

Telephone:  0303 303 0413 (calls are charged at local rate from a landline or mobile number)


How are complaints handled?

Our health and care staff work very hard to get things right first time, but sometimes things don’t go as planned.

If you are unhappy with health or adult social care you’ve had from a service provided or commissioned by the local NHS, ICB (Integrated Care Board) or local council, you can make a complaint knowing that:

  • It will not affect your current or future care
  • It will be treated sensitively and in confidence
  • We will listen to what you tell us and give you a response.

Contact details for making a complaint are given below.

The Experience Team can support you through the process, and in most cases they can handle the complaint for you.  Sometimes the Team might have to redirect you to the individual service or organisation that you are complaining about.  The Team will explain this to you if it needs to redirect you.

The Team will work with you to make sure it has the information it needs to investigate your complaint.  As a minimum the Team will need:

  • Your name, address, date of birth and telephone number (or those details for the person you are complaining on behalf of).
  • What you think the service that you’re complaining about got wrong.
  • What problems you think this has caused for you.
  • What result you are hoping for, in making a complaint. 

You should normally make a complaint within 12 months of the problem that you’re complaining about happening, or within 12 months of you realising that there is a problem.

The Experience Team aims to acknowledge complaints within three working days.

The Team will keep you up to date while they are working on your complaint.  If the Team can’t finish its investigation within a reasonable time, it will let you know why and how much longer it should take to finish.  Most complaints are resolved within six months. 

When the complaint is finished, we will write to you.  We will explain how we investigated the complaint and reached our conclusion.  We will tell you about any actions which have or are being taken.  We’ll also let you know what else you can do if you’re not happy with the outcome of the complaint.

You can contact the Experience Team by:

Telephone: 01482 957750


Writing to: The Experience Team, North East Lincolnshire Health and Care, Municipal Offices, Town Hall, Grimsby, DN31 1HU.

If you want to know more about previous complaints you can read our Adult Social Care Services and Health Services Statutory Complaints Annual Report 2020/2021.

What if I’ve already made a complaint, and I’m still not happy?

If you are unhappy with the result of your complaint, you can tell an Ombudsman.  An Ombudsman is an independent body which oversees complaints against authorities, such as the NHS and councils.

If your complaint is about adult social care, you should contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.  You can make the complaint online, by telephone (0300 061 0614) or by post.  You can read more about how to complain on this website:

If your complaint is about NHS services, you should contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.  You can call the Ombudsman’s helpline (0345 015 4033) or read more on this website:

You can also tell the Care Quality Commission (CQC) about any poor care you experience.  The CQC can’t investigate complaints, but by sharing your experience with them, you help them to stop others experiencing the same problems.  You can contact the CQC online, or using this telephone number: 03000 616161.  You can read more on this website:

What if I want to get more involved in shaping local services?

Join Accord!  Accord is a community membership body for North East Lincolnshire. It’s members have a say in how NHS and adult social care money is spent locally. 

By joining Accord, you can help shape local health and adult social care services.  You can get involved in shaping services as much or as little as you like.  There’s something to suit everyone.

Find out more about Accord

I’m not sure what help I need.  Who should I contact?

If you’re not able to find the help you need, and it isn’t urgent, contact connectNEL via email at or telephone 01472 403403.  connectNEL is available 24 hours a day seven days a week, 365 days a year. 

Page last updated: 8 Nov 2023