Your health

Local information and advice about health and how to access support in North East Lincolnshire

Coronavirus advice

Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID 19).

Back to contents

Social Care Handbook

The Social Care Handbook offers information about your journey through Adult Social Care in North East Lincolnshire. The booklet is divided into the following topics;

  • focus and Your Journey
  • Your Assessment
  • Care Providers and Services
  • Finances, Benefits and Property
  • Hospital Discharges
  • Reporting Neglect or Abuse
  • Your Feedback
  • Keeping Your Information Safe

Back to contents

24 hour support

Single point of access (SPA) 01472 256256, here a range of health and social care professionals can advise, support and help you.

Silverline is a free, confidential telephone helpline offering information, friendship and advice to older people, available 24 hours a day.

Adult social care self assessment find out whether or not you’re likely to be eligible for support and get recommendations about where to find help. Do you need help to be or stay independent? Use this self assessment tool to find sources of support.

What happens next? At the end of the form we will tell you if you’re likely to be eligible for support from us.

We will also give you suggestions on how you might meet your own needs. After looking at the advice information we provide you with you might decide that you can resolve your issue without asking us for an in-depth assessment.

If you decide to request an assessment you will be prompted to register and submit your form to the SPA who will then contact you direct.

Back to contents

Support with daily living

We want to support people to live as independently and as safely as possible.

  • SPA is a local service, a team of health and social care professionals can offer advice, information and access to support for you or someone that you care for. The service can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • Provider portal for your Care Options which helps you decide where you live
  • Support for Carers is available from North East Lincolnshire’s Carers’ Support Service and our local Carer’s portal
  • Advice and support for living well with Dementia in NEL
  • Access local and national information to support you with a sensory loss
  • Age UK advice line 0800 055 6112 free to call 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, 365 days a year
  • Discover our local assisted living extra care housing offers
  • Sheltered housing is accommodation specifically designed for older people and younger disabled people to allow you to live independently
  • Access local adult health care services, including find your GP, Dentist and Optician and sexual health advice
  • Use the TrustMark tool to find tradespeople. Search for reputable organisations and reliable tradespeople using your postcode

Back to contents

Specialist advice

Back to contents

Helping you to stay independent

  • Assisted living centre – helping people live independently in their own home. Provides information on a range of aids to daily living and adaptations and a demonstration centre. Following specialist advice, appropriate aids for daily living can be self purchased. For those who meet the criteria equipment can be loaned or adaptations fitted to meet need
  • Telecare services can help you stay safe and remain more independent in your own home, Carelink offers reassurance
  • Travel and public transport advice and non emergency patient transport information
  • If you would like an Occupational Therapy Assessment, please contact the SPA
  • Learning disability and autism information is available on the NHS website

Back to contents

Social activities

  • Age UK 01472 344976 find out about activities and events taking place locally and afternoon/day trips
  • Community Spotlight a ‘one stop shop’ for communities to share events, groups, clubs and good work being done in our area
  • Friendship at Home provide a range of exercise and social activities 01472 602500 or email
  • Lincs Inspire 01472 323615 provide a wide range of sporting, leisure, cultural and learning services to help you lead a more active and healthy life
  • Simply Connect North East Lincs connecting you to your local community for healthy living, social groups, activities, advice, support and self-help

Back to contents

Work, money, legal and benefits

Focus’s finances, benefits and property information can be accessed in their social care handbook.

Back to contents

If you have any queries, complaints, or compliments around the adult social care services or pathways in NEL please let us know by emailing or telephone 0300 3000 500.

Useful websites

Back to contents

Page last updated: 10 Oct 2023