Get support before things get worse
If you are showing symptoms of becoming unwell then it is important to get the support you need.
Here you will find help if you are showing symptoms such as:
- Changes in mood
- Fear, worry and anxiety
- Relationships issues or sex drive changes
- Feeling sad or down
- Less interested in daily activities
- More likely to cancel plans
- Trouble concentrating
- Tiredness, low energy or problems sleeping
- Finding it hard to cope with daily problems or stress
- Problems understanding and relation to situations and to people
- Loss of appetite or changes in weight
Every Mind Matters
Every Mind Matters has information about keeping well during this time of uncertainty. They have expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
Help for when your wellbeing is rocked
- Wellbeing Service
- Rharian Fields: eating disorders
- NHS Talking Therapies: anxiety, depression, stress, sleep problems, insomnia
- Safespace: anxiety, depression, stress, loneliness
Single Point of Access – Call 01472 256256 and select option 3 (24 hours a day)
- Whether you’re experiencing a mental health crisis, feeling lonely or just want to talk through your feelings with a trained professional, you can call the 24/7 Single Point of Access.
Open Minds Visit: navigocare.co.uk/OpenMinds – Call 01472 625100 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
Feeling stressed, anxious or depressed? Open Minds offer talking therapies to help you overcome their effects and better manage your mental health.
Safespace – Walk in at NAViGO House, Brighowgate, Grimsby (5.30pm-11.30pm, Mon-Sun)
Visit navigocare.co.uk/Safespace for online access (5.30pm-11pm, Mon-Fri) – If you’re feeling vulnerable in the evenings, trained staff are here for you – both in-person and online – at Safespace.
Text ORANGE to 85258: anxiety, depression, stress, suicidal, suicidal feelings, self harm, loneliness
Andy’s Man Club offers free-to-attend peer-to-peer support groups across the United Kingdom and online. We want to end the stigma surrounding men’s mental health and help men through the power of conversation. #ITSOKAYTOTALK. Find Andy’s Man Club, Grimsby, on Facebook by clicking this link.
The Mix is a UK based charity which offers free, confidential support for under 25s, via online, social and mobile.
Alcohol and Drugs
- We Are With You – Get in touch with our free, confidential service and talk to one of our trained staff. We’re here to listen – you can tell us as little or as much as you want. We’ll work with you on your own goals, whether that’s cutting down your drug or alcohol use, stopping completely or just getting a bit of advice. Visit With You North East Lincolnshire
- The Comeback, Grimsby – ‘The Comeback’ is an opportunity to make new connections and meet others in recovery from addiction. Based at Abbey Walk in Grimsby and open 5 Days a week from 10am to 3pm, we started ‘The Comeback’ Addiction Recovery Drop-In and Arts Studio in Grimsby as an opportunity for us to help change that. Visit the website.
- The Mix – The UK’s leading support service for young people. We are here to help you take on any challenge you’re facing, including alcohol and drugs. Visit the website.
- Call the North East Lincolnshire Bereavement Partnership on 01472 250623
- Together Bereaved by suicide on NEL mind
- Sudden – Help for adults
- SANDS support for bereaved
Debt and finance
Relationships and family
- Carers support service
- Women’s Aid – If you are experiencing any form of domestic abuse, you can ring for support 01472 575757
- The Mix – The UK’s leading support service for young people. We are here to help you take on any challenge you’re facing, including sex, relationships, families and bodies.
Page last updated: 05 May 2023