12 Week FREE weight management courses delivered across North East Lincolnshire
The programme is designed to encourage, enable and support people to lose weight and maintain weight loss, while living a healthy lifestyle with improved psychological wellbeing.
The courses are delivered by wellbeing coaches, across 3 providers: Wellbeing Service, Lincs Inspire & ‘Thrive’ Social Prescribing Team. All have been trained and supported by Xyla, giving coverage across North East Lincolnshire.
Each one-hour group session includes a topic to support changes in achieving a healthy weight. Peer support, tracking, progress reviews and goal setting are weekly features to enable sustainable behaviour change.
For an idea of what is involved download the Weight Management Course Overview (PDF, 307KB) .
When are the courses?
Current Timetable below, being held at various venues around North East Lincolnshire for 2023.
Available courses (additional dates to be added soon):
|Friday 22nd Sept 23||Freeman St Market||09:45-11:00|
|Tues 3rd Oct 23||Carers Support Centre||13:15-14:30|
|Thursday 5th Oct 23||Freshney Green Primary Care Centre||18:00-20:00|
- Aged 18+
- NE Lincolnshire resident
- BMI of 25 or more (or a lower BMI of 23 or more for adults of South Asian, Chinese and Black ethnicities). To find out what your BMI is, you can use the NHS calculator here: BMI calculator | Check your BMI – NHS | Please fill in your details (www.nhs.uk)
- Are currently on the National Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP), Low Calorie Diet programme
- Pregnant women (but not post-partum)
- Have an underlying medical cause for obesity and would benefit from more intensive clinical management than a Tier 2 service
- Have already accessed a Tier 2 weight management service twice in the last year. If a resident has already accessed the service twice and been unsuccessful, they should be referred to their GP.
You can refer for the course either on your own or by a health professional.
To refer yourself or make a referral contact us by completing our Weight management referral form or calling us on 01472 325500.
Page last updated: 05 May 2023