12 Week FREE weight management courses delivered across North East Lincolnshire
The programme is designed to encourage, enable and support people to lose weight and maintain weight loss, while living a healthy lifestyle with improved psychological wellbeing.
All elements of the programme are delivered by wellbeing coaches who are trained and supported by Xyla.
Each one-hour group session includes a topic to support changes in achieving a healthy weight. Peer support, tracking, progress reviews and goal setting are weekly features to enable sustainable behaviour change.
For an idea of what is involved download the Weight Management Course Overview (PDF, 307KB) .
When are the courses?
Rolling courses to run starting from October 2021. They will be held at various venues around North East Lincolnshire.
- Aged 18+
- NE Lincolnshire resident
- BMI of 25 or more (or a lower BMI of 23 or more for adults of South Asian, Chinese and Black ethnicities)
- Are currently on the National Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP), Low Calorie Diet programme
- Pregnant women (but not post-partum)
- Have an underlying medical cause for obesity and would benefit from more intensive clinical management than a Tier 2 service
- Have already accessed a Tier 2 weight management service twice in the last year. If a resident has already accessed the service twice and been unsuccessful, they should be referred to their GP.
You can get referred for the course either on your own or by a health professional.
To refer yourself or make a referral contact us at by completing our Weight management referral form or calling us on 01472 325500.