Receiving care

Support during the coronavirus outbreak

Information about organisations that can help you with food during the coronavirus outbreak (e.g. food parcels, hot meals, shopping delivery and collection) is available on the Sector Support website. If you are isolating and don’t have anyone to support you and pick-up supplies, you can also call (01472) 313131 for support.

For the latest guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK, please see the Government website.  This includes advice for people receiving care or caring for others.

General information

Care and support refers to any help adults might need to live as well as possible because of illness, disability or age. It could include help with things such as eating, drinking, washing, dressing and getting out and about. Locally adult social care is provided by focus independent adult social work.

Information and advice about social care can be accessed locally over the telephone via the Single Point of Access on 01472 256 256. You can also find out about local services and undertake a self-assessment on Adult Social Care.

NHS Choices have some helpful videos that can help you plan ahead if you might need care and support. A guide is also available.

Age UK also offer helpful information and advice about social care and the Money Advice Service provide information on planning and funding long-term care.

If you are currently receiving care and support, there are certain standards that you should expect.