If you are struggling to pay your bills because of coronavirus (Covid-19)
If you are struggling to pay your bills because of coronavirus, advice is available on the Citizens Advice website – Debt and Money. The Money Advice Service website also has a step-by-step guide of things you can do straight away, before receiving any financial support you are eligible for.
COVID-19 has affected household finances, earnings, and employment for many people. We know this is causing worry and distress so we have gathered some information about where you can get help. This is available to download:
Money Advice Service also offer useful online advice to help you
- Budget Planner – helpful budgeting advice
- Savings calculator – advice on setting savings goals
- Manage money – useful tips to help you manage your money
- Money Manager for Universal Credit claimants – managing your benefits including Universal Credit
- Saving and investing – tips on investing and saving your money
- Pensions and Retirement – advice on managing your pension
Other useful money advice websites and services
To help you budget, you might find helpful. Policy in Practice also have a Benefit and Budgeting Calculator.
You can also take an online Make Money Work course on Learn My Way.
For advice on pensions and retirement, there is a dedicated Pensionwise website.
The Citizens Advice Bureau – Debt and Money also offer online information and advice.
Mental Health & Money Advice is the first UK-wide online advice service designed to help you understand, manage and improve your financial and mental health.