Financial planning

For advice on pensions and retirement, there is a dedicated Pensionwise website.

Money Advice Service and the Citizens Advice Bureau also offer online information and advice about retirement and pensions.

If you would like information on making a will, this is available on the website. Advice on funeral plans is available from the Money Advice Service.

For help deciding whether you should speak to an independent financial advisor, the Money Advice Service have a helpful article. The Financial Conduct Authority lists where you can find financial advisors.

You can appoint someone who knows you well to make certain financial decisions on your behalf, should you ever be unable to do so, by appointing a power of attorney. Someone who knows you well can also apply to act on your behalf if you are entitled to benefits but become unable to manage your own affairs.