Expansive care needs

Advice during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, you can register on the gov.uk website for support. You will be asked if you need help with getting basic supplies or help with your basic care needs.

General information

Care and support refers to any help adults might need to live as well as possible because of illness, disability or age. It could include help with things such as eating, drinking, washing, dressing and getting out and about. Locally adult social care is provided by focus independent adult social work.

Information and advice about social care can be accessed locally over the telephone via the Single Point of Access on 01472 256 256. You can also find out about local services and undertake a self-assessment on Adult Social Care.

NHS Choices have some helpful videos that can help you plan ahead if you might need care and support. A guide is also available.

Age UK also offer helpful information and advice about social care and the Money Advice Service provide information on planning and funding long-term care.